About Me

My photo
Mom of five lovely daughters, wife of one dashing man. Born in Utah, grew up in Oregon, live in Georgia.

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Old Trucks

I have a soft spot in my heart for old trucks. Probably because both my grandparents had old trucks as I was growing up. (The picture above is of my Grandpa Howe's truck that I think he bought from my Grandpa Pyne.) I don't think I would necessarily want to own an old truck, but seeing them around on the road makes me happy. Like most things old-fashioned, they remind me of the simple, humble, slower way of life that I want to hang on to for my family. Hard work, camping trips, and doing the best you can with what you have.

3 comments:

Shana said...

Awe, perfectly put!

Michelle Pyne said...

That old truck brings back great memories - first with the Pyne's and then with the Howe's. You gotta love it!

Michelle Pyne said...

Your last few blogs have been very moving and meaningful to me, including the Old Truck blog since I drove that truck so many miles as a young man, but especially your insights regarding truth- telling and perfection-seeking. You are an amazingly wonderful daughter. I love you.

Dad.