About Me

My photo
Mom of five lovely daughters, wife of one dashing man. Born in Utah, grew up in Oregon, live in Georgia.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Conference Sundays


I've decided that my very favorite day of the whole year is Conference Sunday. Besides the opportunity to hear the prophets speak, it's the only day (besides maybe Christmas) that David isn't pulled in a hundred different directions. He is fully present, and we have him all to ourselves. I love that! I also love the spiritual feast of hearing the prophets. Ever since I was a young teenager I've devoured the conference Ensigns, reading and marking every talk. As I grew older and understood the prophetic mantle of the General Authorities I began to appreciate what an incredible opportunity it was to listen at their feet. I wanted to absorb not only their messages but their spirits. I get almost giddy at the thought. We truly are hearing the Savior's messages and I cannot disregard the importance of those words!

This morning we all got up, ate breakfast together (which never happens), and have the rest of the day to ENJOY! And enjoy it I will!

2 comments:

Audra said...

I look forward to the day when we can come together as a family and watch conference together. Remember going down to Joe and Kjirsten's home for conference weekend. Wonderful memories! Wonderful times.

Abbi said...

This blog made me so happy. :) Thank you for it.