About Me

My photo
Mom of five lovely daughters, wife of one dashing man. Born in Utah, grew up in Oregon, live in Georgia.

Friday, May 13, 2011

I want a gardener

For the past couple summers I have kind of ignored my yard. But this year I got all motivated and decided that I was going to maintain everything the way my Mom & Grandma would. No weeds for me!! So I've been outside a lot working in the beds, tidying things up. It's been frustrating because we have a big yard and it's way more work than I feel like I can do alone. But I've been trying. And my efforts have been rewarded with a big fat case of POISON OAK. I know what poison ivy looks like and avoid it, but apparently I need a lesson on how to identify other poisonous weeds. I am broken out in a rash on my arms, neck, hands, and face. Joyful. So now I'm thinking that maybe I was right in ignoring my yard. It's dangerous to my health.

4 comments:

Ginger said...

That is no fun! I hope it goes away quickly.

Michelle Pyne said...

Oh No. That is the last thing you need. I don't know what poison oak looks like either. We will definitely have to think about yard service.....

Elaine said...

I even enjoy reading your blogs more than ever because now I can actually picture your surroundings. You do have a very big yard. I would love to hire someone to upgrade and maintain my tiny space. It is so much work! I really don't know how Mom and Dad had the energy to keep theirs so perfect.

Jessie said...

no fun! I hope it clears up quickly- I got poison oak & poison Ivy a lot when I was little so let me know if you need any itch-relief techniques!