About Me

My photo
Mom of five lovely daughters, wife of one dashing man. Born in Utah, grew up in Oregon, live in Georgia.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

St. Paul's Cathedral

Before going to London I had heard of St. Paul's Cathedral, but I had no idea it was such a magnificent building. As we walked in and around it I couldn't help but say, "Wow. WOW." It is beautiful. And to think that it was built in 1710 and survived the Blitz during World War II. St. Paul's is one of those buildings that I wish could talk and tell us it's own story. It sure would have a story to tell!

These doors, which are 9 meters tall, are only opened on ceremonial occasions (most notably the wedding of Princess Diana and Prince Charles.)

We climbed the 530 steps to the Golden Gallery and were able to see an incredible panoramic view of London. We were blessed with nice weather our entire trip. It was a bit cold and windy at times, but it didn't rain.

2 comments:

Adam said...

Great memories at St. Paul's! Jessie and I were just laughing again at my difficulties squeezing through the small openings going up and down the staircases. Good times!

Audra said...

We were so lucky to have a beauitful day to look out at the rooftops of London! St. Paul's is awe-inspiring, isn't it.