About Me

My photo
Mom of five lovely daughters, wife of one dashing man. Born in Utah, grew up in Oregon, live in Georgia.

Thursday, January 07, 2010

House of Order: Use what you have

Someday I would love to have my closets organized with pretty baskets and nice containers. (Something like this....)

But I have had too many other things I'd rather spend my money on right now. So, I'm making do with what I have. But do you know what? It works!

All like items are grouped together using small boxes or plastic bins (whatever I had on hand), and it functions well. I never have to hunt for something and when my kids ask "where is the.....?" I can tell them exactly where to find it.
And the girls hair bows are all organized using what I had availabel as well.

Sorted by color, tossed in zip-loc bags, and then thrown in a drawer. Easy peasy.
How do you use what you already have to make your home run smoother?

3 comments:

Michelle Pyne said...

Great organization ideas! We have so many things that we use, we need to keep it organized so we can access it. Thanks for getting me in the organizing mood!

Shana said...

I love the bow idea!! Right now Presley has them all over her dresser. I got them all out of her drawer so I could organize them but then didn't do anything more than that. lol. I was wanting to make a bow thing for her room-- But until then, this is what I gotta do! Thanks for the idea! :)

Audra said...

Such a great reminder - use what you have! Sometimes we (I) get lazy and I spend money on things I probably don't need to.