About Me

My photo
Mom of five lovely daughters, wife of one dashing man. Born in Utah, grew up in Oregon, live in Georgia.

Friday, April 10, 2009

We are campers!

We took off Wednesday afternoon with Audra & Mike and their boys for an overnight camping trip up into the north Georgia mountains and had an AWESOME time. We were a little nervous because the forecast included temperatures of about 40 degrees, but we braved the elements and were so glad we did!

Our girls were troopers. And Chloe was a little angel. (BTW, this is the first family picture we've had since Chloe was born.) :)

The kids had so much fun being with their cousins while experiencing the novelties of camping (starting fires, roasting marshmallows, sleeping in a tent, peeing outdoors, exploring the woods, and hiking.)

The first night was mostly spent around the fire. But the next day we set out on a little hike.

Part of the fun was finding the perfect walking stick. Summer's original stick got thrown into the creek, which was a cause of MUCH weeping and wailing. But when David found this stick for her she was all smiles again.

Our hike took us up a hill that ran along side our campsite. After a while we ventured off the path down to the creek. Mike taught the kids the finer points of stick racing.

Chloe enjoyed the hike just as much as anyone. I think she did like getting out of her little backpack though.

And as girly as Emily is, she sure had fun getting dirty!

For me, the best part was getting to spend 24 hours of uninterrupted time with David. He has been working 17 hour days lately and has been so stressed and busy. It was doctors medicine to get outdoors for some good old-fashioned fun.


And now that we know that we can do it, I'm looking forward to many more camping trips in our future!

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. Your ideas helped make things easier!

8 comments:

stephanie said...

wow, you guys are brave. i'm glad you had fun.

Emma said...

Yay for camping! Glad you enjoyed it.

Audra said...

I just uploaded my photos too! Wasn't that campout just perfect! Even the cold weather was kinda nice - it added adventure and a feeling of survival! So fun looking at your pictures. I need to get the ones of little Joshie in the water though. Email them to me so I can add them to my blog?

Audra said...

Oh, I just checked my email and saw that you already sent them. Thanks!

Topsy said...

I'm sending you some love and patience for those 17 hour days!! Seriously AWFUL!!!!

Abbi said...

I love all the pictures! That last one is soo cute!! Your family is getting so big.

Andrea said...

I am impressed. Taking 5 kids camping actually 9 ;) You and Audra get mother of the year awards. I looked on Audra's blog looks like you guys had a lot of fun!! Can't wait to hear about future trips!

Michelle Pyne said...

I'm sooo glad the camping trip was a success! You are brave, courageous, and awesome! After looking at the pictures, I kind of feel that we went camping too (well, sort of). Happy Easter!