About Me

My photo
Mom of five lovely daughters, wife of one dashing man. Born in Utah, grew up in Oregon, live in Georgia.

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Love in a spreadsheet


I keep track of our budget on an Excel spreadsheet. I've done it for a while and my spreadsheet really worked for me. So, you can imagine my immediate frustration when David sat down at the computer last night and started changing my budget spreadsheet! (And we're not talking a little tweaking.... He totally re-did it!) At first I was really insulted. Who is he to come in and "fix" a job that I was doing perfectly well. But, when I got up this morning and looked at my beautiful new spreadsheet I was humbled. David's spreadsheet is far more functional than mine was. It has built-in formulas that make my job SO much easier. Plus, it is pretty (and I have to admit that I like pretty). So, thanks Dave. I should have known that you wouldn't have stepped in to improve my work if it wouldn't ultimately be in my own benefit. I REALLY like my spreadsheet.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Tbis is Danielle Moore (Warren). You family is beautiful. I just wanted to say that I love the spreadsheet too. It really helps keep on budget.

Emma said...

Aaron set up the spreadsheet to start with (using all the right formulas), and I took over from there. Which reminds me I haven't looked at in a week or so.

Audra said...

Good job, Jessi, to humble yourself and acknoweldge that he helped you. That's a hard thing to do!

Kami Hall said...

I'm glad that it's even better now! It does look pretty too. :)

Abbi said...

I'm glad it's helped you! That's good of him to make your job easier.

Diana said...

That is great!

Brynn said...

I need him to set one of those up for me. So pretty.

Michelle Pyne said...

I want to get 'spread sheet' lessons from you! I need to enter the 21st century and learn how to do excel. Do you think we could have lessons over the phone?

Topsy said...

It does look nice, tell Dave to email us a copy - without all the personal stuff of course!

MiandMiksmom said...

I likey!!! Mine is sooooo boring!

Sally F said...

Love the pretty colors and columns. Way nice!

Jen said...

ooh, my husband tried to change mine, too, but I just stubbornly said no. In my defense, it already had color coordination and formulas. He just wanted it his way. No way!