About Me

My photo
Mom of five lovely daughters, wife of one dashing man. Born in Utah, grew up in Oregon, live in Georgia.

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sail away

On Friday David and I get to go on a 7 day cruise with all of his family to celebrate his parents 50th anniversary. I should be really excited because we've never been on a cruise and I hear they are really fun, but to be honest, every time I think about it I just get knots in my stomach. We are leaving our kids and I am so worried about how they will do while we are gone. I think the longest I've ever left my kids is for 2 nights, and that was with family that I knew they would be comfortable with. This time they'll have to stay over at my sister-in-law, Rebecca's house where an awesome couple from our ward (Beau & Brittney) will come and watch them and Rebecca's kids. (Including their own baby, Beau and Brittney will have NINE kids to look after). I know my girls, and it's not going to be a fun week for them. It will stress them out!!! They are emotionally high maintenance and are completely dependent on ME. They also aren't excited about living with Rebecca's kids for a week. It's going to be hard for them. But, I trust Beau and Brittney and don't have any options but go on the cruise. (I know, poor me!) It's just going to be rough leaving my babies.

8 comments:

Kortney said...

Sounds Like fun! Have a wonderful time. Which cruise are you going on? Your girls will be fine, don't worry too much. I remember the first time I left my babies for an extended period of time. It's hard.

Shana said...

Oh, I totally understand that feeling. I wish that you could find someone you felt more comfortable leaving them with. Like family- That is when it is hard you are not by mom & dad!! But I hope you have fun despite that feeling. It is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity sometimes, so enjoy your time and I am sure the girls will be just fine when you get home. :) Just missing mom a little. ;) (or a lot) but it is ok!!!!

Audra said...

Yes, your girls absolutley love you and will miss you! But they will be fine. Enjoy the opportunity you have! I bet you will love the trip. What an experience!

I keep forgetting that you had this trip planned! Can we help at all?

Emma said...

I would be nervous to leave my boys too. I hope you enjoy your vacation! I cruise would be awesome.

Kjirsten said...

I know just how you feel Jessi, I get that same feeling right before I leave my kids, and they are lots older than yours...but in the end I have never regretted being gone. When I get home we are all extra happy to be together and my kids learn from other people things and skills I haven't taught them. Do something fun like write them a note they can open each day or a coupon to a fun candy store they can go to mid-week to help the time fly and ease your butterflies.

Elaine said...

I know that feeling. That's why we took our kids everywhere with us, but it is easier with two. The time away will really do ALL of you some good. You will appreciate them... and they you, even more when you get back. Enjoy your time and try not worry too much.

Kami Hall said...

I'm sure they'll be fine. Kids need to have experiences without mom around sometimes. They'll be ok and be even more excited to see you when you get back. Have fun!

Chris said...

It will be the best thing for all of you. They need to learn not to be so dependant on you and you need to allow them to branch out a bit which will be a good experience i'm sure. Have a good time!! I'm totally jealous. I've never been on a cruise!!