About Me

My photo
Mom of five lovely daughters, wife of one dashing man. Born in Utah, grew up in Oregon, live in Georgia.

Monday, July 09, 2007

Don't rush me!

A few of my friends have started posing the "Are you ready for the kids to go back to school?" question. My response is an unequivical NO WAY!!!! We're just getting into the summer groove and loving every minute of it.

In no world do trips alone to the grocery store compare to fun filled days splashing in the pool.

Or eating in the elementary school cafeteria compare to ice cream cones in the backyard.

Even quiet time at night isn't as good as staying up late watching the kids wrestle and have fun with their Dad.

Or staying in our PJ's until noon.

Nothing compares to the lazy days of summer. Let me enjoy them for as long as I can!

6 comments:

Audra said...

And my answer is an unequivocal YES!!!! But I'm still a good mom, right?:)

Shana said...

Oh! I love this post so much!!
I am dreading Brayden leaving ALL day long to go to first grade. Seriously, I will miss him too much. Life just isn't as fun when you aren't with your kids! And Audra, you are still a great mom! You have your hands full and it will be nice when you have your baby and the boys are in school! :)

Michelle Pyne said...

Summer is a special time of year, and you are making the best of it! Way to go!

Kimberlie said...

This made me smile! I'm so not ready for Dylan to go back yet. I love Summer! Of course Audra we just got back from Utah and Dylan was only out of school for less than a week before we left. Ask me again in a month. :)

MiandMiksmom said...

I'm so with you...and we only have a month left! I almost get sad when I think about school shopping and KINDERGARTEN!!!!

Kami Hall said...

I'm with Audra on this one. Alex is great to have around, but I love my quiet time at home for those few hours a day. She's a very needy little girl when she's home so I don't get a lot done that I need to. And yes Audra, you're a GREAT mom!