About Me

My photo
Mom of five lovely daughters, wife of one dashing man. Born in Utah, grew up in Oregon, live in Georgia.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

4th of July celebrations

Around here we believe in CELEBRATING holidays. Yesterday our celebrations started with a church breakfast at 8am. I took Cheesy Grits casserole, a true southern favorite.

My girls were the best-dressed kids there in the 4th of July outfits I made (in May).

After the breakfast (which included face paint and a very competitive softball game) we rushed home, put on our bathing suits and headed to the lake.


The culmination of the celebration took place at Stone Mountain park where we camped out with about a million other people to watch the lazer show and FIREWORKS. It was crowded, stinky, and uncomfortable (sitting on rocks by the railroad tracks), but totally worth it!! At one point during the show I got a little teary eyed. How blessed we are to live in the land of the free!!!


Happy 4th of July!!!!

6 comments:

Diana said...

Your girls look great in their festive outfits!

John said...

How many servings does that recipe make?

Thanks.

Shana said...

Oh Wow, YES you do celebrate!! :)
And the girls look darling in their outfits you made them! Good Job Girl! :)

tara said...

Those outfits are darling... and you live in a very beautiful part of this beautiful country. The trees are so pretty, and pointy... I love those pines! The pines around here have 'flat top' "hair cuts" (o:

Jessi said...

The recipe says it makes 6-8 servings. I bake it in a 2-quart baking dish, not a 9x13 pan.

Kami Hall said...

Those outfits are darling! I wish I could sew.