About Me

My photo
Mom of five lovely daughters, wife of one dashing man. Born in Utah, grew up in Oregon, live in Georgia.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Oregon Trip Highlights

We had a fantastic time in Oregon and loved every minute we were there. Here are a few of the highlights from our trip.

SATURDAY MARKET:
If anyone ever travels to Eugene during the summer-time, they have to make a stop at the Saturday Market. It is a cultural experience. We came away with tie-dye, a feather hair extension, and a really unique "morocco necklace" that Emily fell in love with.

THE GLENWOOD RESTAURANT:
This was always one of my favorite restaurants when we lived there. It has lots of vegetarian choices, which makes me happy. And my kids liked their waffles.

 TCBY:
I worked here the summer after I graduated. It was fun to share all my old memories with my kids. We also drove by my elementary, middle, and high schools. Going back there was a little surreal because in a way I still feel like the teenage girl I was back then. But then I see the five kids I have in tow and I realize a lot has changed.

 MY PARENT'S HOUSE:
We had such a good time just being with my Mom and Dad. Chloe was forever asking me, "Can Grandpa read me a story?" He was always happy to oblige.

We also loved being in their gorgeous yard. My girls spent hours out there exploring, imagining, and playing. (And waiting for the wild turkeys to come every evening!)

David wasn't with us during the first part of the trip, so we were happy to be reunited as a family when he came.

WILDLIFE SAFARI:
We saw all the cool animals: lions, bears, giraffes, cheetahs, zebras, hippos, and MORE.



THE ROSE GARDEN AND SKINNER'S BUTTE PARK:
The rose garden was one of our favorite places. I wish I would have taken a picture of the entire expanse because it was breath-taking. The girls had so much fun looking at the different colors and experiencing the different scents.


My Mom put so much work into showing us a good time. I felt completely pampered.
 
THE COAST:
On the 4th of July we took a day trip over to the coast. We explored the tide pools at Yachats, hiked to a HUGE old tree, and then went to Florence for lunch and ice cream.




It was hard to say good-bye to my Mom and Dad, and to Eugene. Who knows when I'll get back there again. For now I'll just hang on to all the good memories.


6 comments:

Abbi said...

I've been waiting for this post! Yay!! This vacation sounded like SO much fun. I love the pyramid family picture! And the one of Grandpa reading to Chloe (those are the most vivid memories I have with Dad as a young child--having him read to me)! All your girls are looking so grown-up and gorgeous in these pictures. What a beautiful family you have!!!!!
P.S. I think Chloe makes the best lamb.

Michelle Pyne said...

Oh, that was fun remembering our time together! The photos are all great! I love the pyramid family picture too. I will look at these again and again.

Adam said...

Fun times! I wish Jessie and I could have been there too.

Audra said...

I so wish we could have been there with you to do all those fun things! What a wonderful vacation! You have such fabulous pictures to capture the great memories!

Elaine said...

What a special trip you had. I love all the pictures. Your parents are such great hosts. I would be so sad if I couldn't see your blogs. It really keeps me up to date on your beautiful Family. Thanks for sharing.

Andrea said...

It was so great to see you. I loved looking at all your pictures and the memories that you made with your sweet family!!