About Me

My photo
Mom of five lovely daughters, wife of one dashing man. Born in Utah, grew up in Oregon, live in Georgia.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pete the Cat


We have a new favorite children's book in our family. It's the story of Pete the Cat who has some new white shoes. He loves his white shoes so much he sings a song about them: "I love my white shoes, I love my white shoes, I love my white shoes." But then he steps in a big pile of strawberries and his shoes turn RED. "Does Pete cry? Goodness, no. He keeps walking along and singing his song..."

This book is so much fun to read and teaches an important life lesson-- to be flexible when life doesn't go quite the way you want. Definitely something we need work on around here. :)

2 comments:

Michelle Pyne said...

Pete The Cat is now one of my favorite books too. When the next time arrives that I need to be flexible, I will be ready!!

Jessie said...

Adam and chloe read this book and it was so cute to hear her say "goodness, no!"