About Me

My photo
Mom of five lovely daughters, wife of one dashing man. Born in Utah, grew up in Oregon, live in Georgia.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Happy Birthday, Emily!

Here are a few things you may not know about Emily.
  • She is in the Horizons class at her school. She is very smart. (Before she started kindergarten she could coung backwards from 100!)
  • She is super creative. Her "projects" are always awesome.
  • She can do pull-ups!
  • Her sisters have designated her as the "peacemaker" in the family. Sometimes she wishes she didn't have to always be the peacemaker. :)
  • She loves to climb things.
  • She doesn't like nuts. Even in ice cream. (It's our tradition that the kids get to have ice cream for breakfast on their birthdays. But unfortunately both kinds of ice cream we had in our freezer today had nuts. So, Emily was easy-going and was willing to have a yummy cereal for breakfast. No tears or fussing at all!)
  • She likes being the "middle child." It makes her special.
  • Summer is her best buddy. Chloe absolutely adores her.
  • She is a kind and loyal friend. (One time some boys were teasing her friend Canyon about her name. Emily stood up to them and told them that her friend's parents were very creative and that they should be nice. Go Em!)
  • Instead of cake for her birthday she wants me to make lemon squares. I'm happy to oblige!
We love you, Emily!!!

7 comments:

Elaine said...

Happy Birthday Emily. It's fun to keep up with your kids and get to know about them through your blog.
Love from one Middle child to another. I always loved being in the middle.

Topsy said...

That girl has the prettiest smiling eyes that I've ever ever seen. Tell her I said Happy Birthday TOOO!

Abbi said...

Happy Birthday to our sweet Emily! We love you so much and are so glad we live close to you now!

Michelle Pyne said...

Happy Birthday Emily! I am sending a big hug to you for your birthday! Then when I get to see you for real, I'll give you another big hug with a kiss to go with it!

Keep being the peacemaker and keep being the wonderful young lady you are!

From Grandma and Grandpa Pyne

Becky said...

Jessi-
Thanks for stopping by my blog (I did a guest post on Nurture Mama today). It was so fun to have a visitor that actually left a comment! I hope you don't mind that I visited your blog also! How wonderful to be the mother of 5 girls (they are beautiful!)! I grew up in a family of 5 girls (all in a row- with two brothers on the end) and it has been one of the greatest blessings in my life. I decided that we may be kindred spirits when I saw the picture of the stack of Betsy Tacy books on your header. Do you own all of them?! I have been slowly collecting them as they come back in print or when I find them used. It was fun visiting your blog!

Chris said...

One other thing about her you missed... she has a beautiful smile! What a cutie. I hope she had an awesome day!

Shana said...

She is so beautiful!! You and your beautiful girls!! :)
Happy Birthday to her!! She is a special girl. You are one lucky mother and she is one lucky daughter!!