About Me

My photo
Mom of five lovely daughters, wife of one dashing man. Born in Utah, grew up in Oregon, live in Georgia.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Valentines Goodies

Since we don't have school tomorrow all my girls have their school Valentines Day parties today. In honor of the occasion Summer wanted "heart hair." I did my best to oblige.

For their teachers we made these cute little goodie bags. I used THIS template and then filled them with a few pieces of homemade caramel and bavarian mints.

I used Jen's caramel recipe. (So, so good. They are soft and yummy!!!) And here is the recipe for the Bavarian Mints. They're good, too. (But according to my kids, not as good as the caramel.)

BAVARIAN MINTS

2 T. butter
1 square (1 oz.) unsweetened chocolate
1 pound milk chocolate
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
In top of double boiler melt butter; add milk chocolate, unsweetend chocolate, and sweetened condensed milk. Stir until smooth and creamy. Turn off heat. Add vanilla, peppermint. Pour into buttered 8-inch square pan. Cool. Cut into one inch squares.

Also one more idea: instead of buying store-bought cards for my girls to hand out to their friends I let them each design their own using a Valentines Day coloring page. This is Lydia's. I thought it turned out so cute.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Such cute ideas! I saw a little girl at church with her hair like that too. SO cute! For a second I wished I had a little girl's hair to do! Happy Valentine's Day!

Michelle Pyne said...

Wow, I want to come to your house for Valentine's day! Scrumptuous treats, fancy hair-do's, custom-designed valentines. It doesn't get any better than that!

Abbi said...

I'm sure I've said this before, but I'll say it again: You are SO creative!!