About Me

My photo
Mom of five lovely daughters, wife of one dashing man. Born in Utah, grew up in Oregon, live in Georgia.

Monday, July 13, 2009

What I've been reading...

The Mysterious Benedict Society is clever, fun, and definitely worth a trip to the juvenile fiction shelves at your local library. Has anyone read the sequels? This book ends so perfectly that I'm a little nervous that the sequels will be a disappointment.



If you're a little late to the Fablehaven bandwagon like I am, do not delay jumping aboard! So far I have read books 1 (Fablehaven), 2 (Rise of the Evening Star), and 3 (Grip of the Shadow Plague) and am waiting not-so-patiently for our library to order book 4 (Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary). I've also started reading them aloud to my kids and they are totally enchanted.


I also recently read The Nonesuch by Georgette Heyer. It was exactly what I was hoping it would be: a clean, fun, regency romance. You can almost never go wrong with Georgette Heyer.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I LOVE the Fablehavens. The fourth one is so great. I need to buy them so I read them to my kids, too.

Love Georgette Heyer. Thanks for the title, she has so many to choose from!

Michelle Pyne said...

All the Fablehavens were out at our library today (with multiple holds on them), but I did get two Georgette Heyer's books, The Nonesuch and Black Sheep. I'll let you know if I become a fan.