About Me

My photo
Mom of five lovely daughters, wife of one dashing man. Born in Utah, grew up in Oregon, live in Georgia.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Earrings!

To be honest, I'm just a little bit sad about it. My girls are all growing up so fast and their little naked earlobes were one way of keeping them young. Until now, Lydia was the only one with earrings (my philosophy is to wait until they ask, and McKenna doesn't want hers done), but both Emily and Summer have been asking for a while. And it did turn into a really fun activity. I took them to Claire's and you'd think we had gone to Disneyland! They thought it was the coolest place ever. (We don't get out much.) :) They were totally brave and really do love their little earrings. And now I'm reconciling myself to the fact that, earrings or not, they ARE growing up. Sigh.

5 comments:

Topsy said...

depressing. :)
but sweet!

Julee and Matt said...

They look so cute. Madyson just got hers re-done (they fell out after about a year) and we just changed Macee's from the one's she got them pierced with, since she has had them in for over 2 years. Girls are pretty fun!

Shana said...

Oh, they look so cute. :) How fun. I remember I got mine done when I stopped sucking my thumb. lol. I must have been old- because I knew I wanted them...
I have been debating and talking with other moms about piercing Presleys ears at 3 months when she can get them done. I was like you and was wanting to wait to get them done when she asked. However, after talking to others, I decided that I will just do it as a baby so that I can take care of them and they won't get infected. HOWEVEr.... after reading this and McKenna didn't want hers done... hmmm... Now I am not sure. I just figured beforehand that no matter what, she will want them so I may as well get them done young. We will see!

Audra said...

I think it's adorable!

Michelle Pyne said...

Summer and Emily look so cute with their pretty new earrings! I remember when their Mom got her ears pierced. Seems like just yesterday. Sigh.