About Me

My photo
Mom of five lovely daughters, wife of one dashing man. Born in Utah, grew up in Oregon, live in Georgia.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Walk in my Shoes

There are lots of different ways to tell people that you love and appreciate them. For me, the most meaningful thing someone can do is to take over my responsibilities so I can have a break. Walk in my shoes, carry my burdens, and show that you understand and appreciate what I do. That means more than almost anything.

What ways of showing love are the most meaningful for you?

6 comments:

Crystal said...

I am a little different and the same. I feel loved when people show appreciation for all that I am carrying. I definitely appreciated it when people are willing to carry my burden, but sometimes it is enough to have my efforts acknowledged. Especially when most of my efforts tend to go unseen. When someone notices the unseen, it is even more sweet.

Topsy said...

Yes, that would be good. But it takes the right person to truly feel what your experience is. Every time Brett comes up at 10 pm from working and I'm nailing or drilling something and dragging hoses, I'll tell him how it feels to be eight months pregnant and he always says, yeah I've felt before when I pulled a muscle. HAHA So did you get the break that you deserved?

kelly said...

i think i'd have to agree with you... having a little bit of a break would be nice. especially if involved no prodding on my part, to get the doer to take over responsibiltiy, if only for a moment.

Audra said...

I feel loved when someone goes out of their way to do something for me, or to acknowledge the efforts that I have made. It feels so good to be noticed and acknowledged and to know that they care.

I know that you love me because you always go out of your way to help me so much!

MiandMiksmom said...

Hmmm....walking in my shoes is definitely good. However, I settle for just a little acknowledgement. When ANYTHING I do gets noticed, I feel appreciated.

MiandMiksmom said...

Oh, and on the Baby Bump post: You are so beautiful! I can't wait to find out what you're having. You are the cutest, happiest, pregnant friend I know!!!