About Me

My photo
Mom of five lovely daughters, wife of one dashing man. Born in Utah, grew up in Oregon, live in Georgia.

Friday, January 11, 2008

Ring hygiene

Did you know you can clean your rings by brushing them with a little toothpaste? I just learned this trick from my SIL and it worked! (Although I was very careful not to brush too hard. I would hate to loosen any of the prongs around my diamond!)

(This MY ring, by the way. The one that was lost for 3 months and was found thanks to Audra's inspiration. I finally have a camera that can take a picture of it).

12 comments:

Kami Hall said...

I didn't know you could do that. I want to try it! I love your ring also! So glad you found it!

Shana said...

YES! And I was about to blog about this this week!!! Isn't that funny??
I love brushing my ring! :)

Kjirsten said...

Your ring is beautiful! I am going to try this today, I'll let you know how it goes.

Diana said...

I can't remember who told me that trick.

Sally F said...

I use a different brush than the one I'm currently using as a toothbrush, right? And different than the one I scrub the toilet with? Man, I'm gonna have to get a toothbrush labeling system! :)

Unknown said...

Yes, I have been brushing my ring for a long time. I like to use my electric toothbrush as it really gets it shinny! I've been needing to blog a post a picture on my new rings I got for Christmas. Scott bought me an anniversary band and the engagement ring I never had for Christmas. He did a great job as they go perfect with my wedding band!

Loridee said...

Jes~

Your ring is almost exact to my original ring! Shule got me a new ring a few years ago, cause I lost the diamond out of my original. Not a good feeling! But I dig your ring, it's butiful!!

Michelle Pyne said...

I'm so happy that you have your beautiful ring back. I will be more diligent in cleaning my ring from now on.

Michelle Pyne said...

PS What's an SIL?

MiandMiksmom said...

Oh, I am doing this! thanks for the tip!

Jessi said...

SIL is sister-in-law. :)

Abbi said...

Never knew! Thanks for sharing!