About Me

My photo
Mom of five lovely daughters, wife of one dashing man. Born in Utah, grew up in Oregon, live in Georgia.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

January in Review & February Goals

My January goals were:
1. Get organized. I feel like I did really well on this one! Not only did I make progress on the specific tasks I mentioned below, but organized several other areas of my house. In the future I am going to avoid putting things on my list that require David's help though. I have no control over his time and really can't count on those things getting done.
*Create system to display and archive photographs
* Organize girls' closets & drawers
* Take steps toward creating craft/office space in basement.
* Prepare space for food storage in basement.

2. Prepare to run 10K on February 9. I guess I prepared the best I could, but I'm not going to be able to run on February 9. Part of setting goals is being flexible when new things come up.

3. Finish the book of Jacob in the Book of Mormon. We finished a few days ago. And I just have to say how proud of my girls I am. They are my little scripture study reminders (especially Summer!) and I appreciate their cooperation.

4. Do visiting teaching by Jan. 25. Not quite.

5. Get quilt tops quilted. They are hopefully in progress as we speak! I can't wait to get them back.

6. Bind quilts for Humanitarian Aid project. This was supposed to happen on Thursday, but David needs my help with some urgent things at work. The quilts will have to wait.

7. No sweets 5 days/week. This did NOT happen. Not one bit.

8. One-on-one mother/daughter date with each of girls. This was my favorite goal of the month! My girls were so excited to have individual attention and I really enjoyed being with them.

9. Review budget and determine how much to save per month. Done.


My February goals are:
1. Maintain weekly schedule.
Monday: CLEAN & laundry
Tuesday: groceries, bills & budget
Wednesday: projects or presidency meetings
Thursday: laundry, errands or visiting teaching
Friday: spot clean, play time!

2. Do some kind of exercise 3x/week.

3. Eat lunch at school with my girls at least once.

4. Say out-loud personal prayers whenever possible.

5. Do a little something "extra" for the ladies I visit teach.

6. Bind the quilts for humanitarian aid!

7. Read through Mosiah 14 in the Book of Mormon.

9 comments:

Kate said...

good for you!!! I'm impressed.

Audra said...

well done! well done!

Michelle Pyne said...

I am impressed! I hope you feel such joy in all you have accomplished, cause you accomplished alot. I really like the 'monthly goal' idea. (I will call it the list of 'things I want to do this month' so I don't react negatively to the word 'goal.')

It occured to me why that word has negative connotations. It's because 'goals' for me were things you really didn't want to do but should do, or they were things you wanted to do but couldn't. No wonder I don't like that word!

Abbi said...

Wow, you should be proud of yourself! I think along with your monthly goals you should plan a monthly "yay for me" treat to congratulate yourself on your hard work.

Kimberlie said...

Very impressive! I really do like how you do this monthly. I also like how the most important stuff got done. I mean really NO sweets 5 days a week. That's a tough one!

Crystal said...

As a mother with a busy family, I have had a hard time setting goals, because it seems I never can accomplish what I want and then I get frustrated with myself. I like how you get what you can done and are okay with what didn't get finished. I think you have inspired me to aim higher and if I don't hit my mark, it still is higher than if I hadn't aimed at all.

Melissa said...

Jessi, how do you do it all?! You're amazing! And I'm stealing some of your ideas. :)

Sally F said...

You've inspired me!

Elaine said...

You make me laugh and remind me so much of me....I just keep putting the no sweets on my list and so far NO CAN DO!!!! My idea is that if I keep putting it there I can cut back a bit and at least be more aware when I'm eating them.