About Me

My photo
Mom of five lovely daughters, wife of one dashing man. Born in Utah, grew up in Oregon, live in Georgia.

Sunday, September 23, 2007

French braid

The past few times my Mom has been in town she has french braided my girls hair and they love it. This morning when we were getting ready for church my girls really wanted her to do their hair, but since she is staying with Audra it wasn't possible. Not wanting to disappoint, I did my best to fill-in. This is my very first attempt at french-braiding and I have to say I did a pretty good job. It doesn't compare to my Mom's fabulous creations (I forgot to get a picture of Lydia's "crown braid" before she went to bed), but not bad for a first time!

8 comments:

Emma said...

Oh, I haven't done a French braid in years! Mine were always so loose and sloppy. I could never do one on myself. I was never very good at hair. Maybe it's good I don't have a girl yet.

Unknown said...

My kids love my Mom to French Braid their hair too...they don't have the patience to let me practice. I'm glad I'm not the only Mom of girls who hasn't mastered the French Braid! Maybe together we could practice.~ Stacey

Michelle said...

That looks great!! I don't have any girls hair to play with. You did awesome!

Kami Hall said...

That's a prettygood lookin' braid! I have to confess I don't know how to french brid. I should probably learn sometime!

Audra said...

She looked so good in that braid! Well done, Jessi!

Abbi said...

Jessi, that looks so good! I am super impressed. I wish I could french braid my own hair, I think I'd do it that way all the time if I could.

Shana said...

It looks really great!! My mom used to be great at it! I am sure if I were to have girls they would want their Mimah to do it to their hair too. Good job on it!

Michelle Pyne said...

You did a fabulous job on McKenna's hair! She looked so pretty! I think you can consider yourself professional!