About Me

My photo
Mom of five lovely daughters, wife of one dashing man. Born in Utah, grew up in Oregon, live in Georgia.

Sunday, May 13, 2007

For my Mom

Most girls grow up with the fear that they will someday turn into their mother, but for me I HOPE that I can someday be like my Mom. She has had more influence on me than any other person and I am sincerely grateful for the way she has taught me and the example she has provided. I know it is impossible to enumerate all of the things she has taught me, but here is a sampling.....

  • even busy moms can (and MUST) make time for scripture study and prayer.
  • the value and ability to create beautiful things.
  • to see the world and to find joy in its beauty, both great & small.
  • when you open it-- shut it!
  • if you get it out-- put it away!
  • if you make a mess-- clean it up!
  • the value and satisfaction of working hard.
  • generocity
  • the importance of fellowshipping (even people who seem impossible).
  • love of fabric
  • how to serve faithfully in church callings.
  • that noble firs make the best Christmas trees.
  • how to properly clean a bathroom.
  • the importance of being well groomed-- and that outward appearance has nothing to do with individual worth.
  • that a well stocked church bag can get your kids through sacrament meeting when your husband is on the stand.
  • how to think, ask questions, and receive personal testimony.
  • the value in an occasional "mental health" day.
  • that motherhood is the best, most important job I will ever have.

Thanks Mom!!! I love you.

8 comments:

Michelle Pyne said...

What a wonderful tribute!! Although I don't deserve it, I love every word and appreciate it! I treasure your love and friendship and rejoice that it will go on for eternity! We are abundantly blessed to be sealed as a family for eternity!!!!!

Chris said...

What a wonderful tribute to your mom Jessi. I made a blog about my mom today. I miss her so much even though it's been 26 years ago that she died. I wish every day I could pick up the phone and tell her that I love her. Thanks for letting me read your tribute.

Shana said...

We are very lucky, aren't we?? I really hope you had a great mothers day!! :) We are very blessed to be Mothers to beautiful children who are so amazing!
Thanks for the blog, I loved reading it! :) Your mom is awesome.

Audra said...

We love you, mom!

Diana said...

What great things you learned from your mom!

MiandMiksmom said...

What an awesome mom you have!

Anonymous said...

I agree full-heartedly with your tribute and could add a longer list of my own.

Kimberlie said...

Great Tribute! You're mom is a great lady that's for sure!