About Me

My photo
Mom of five lovely daughters, wife of one dashing man. Born in Utah, grew up in Oregon, live in Georgia.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Mecca

Yesterday I drove down to JoAnn Etc because I needed some fabric for Summer's Halloween costume. David dropped me off and took the girls to Taco Bell. I got to spend over an hour there. Since learning to sew that store has a whole new draw for me. I spent 40 minutes in flannel alone! I loved walking up and down the isles, touching the fabrics, coordinating patterns, and imagining what I could turn them in to.



I also visited the yarn section. The different colors, textures, and possibilities made me giddy!




If I had time I also would have liked to browse the embroidery thread. Cross-stitch was my first exposure to the world of creative crafts, and it still has a special place in my heart. I love making samplers and can't seem to get enough of them.



And a trip to JoAnn's wouldn't be complete without a short stop by the scrapbook supplies. I only purchased cardstock because my current paper supply "overfloweth", but like the fabric I love to coordinate the different colors and patterns. Once Audra gets here I'll have to get her to teach me how to use all the other embellishments, and maybe we can take a trip to scrapbook "mecca" together!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally identified with this posting! I hear ya talkin'!