About Me

My photo
Mom of five lovely daughters, wife of one dashing man. Born in Utah, grew up in Oregon, live in Georgia.

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Good country livin'

When people ask me where I live I never quite know what to tell them. My common response is "out in the country among the cows." It's a wonderful place to live (even with several pungent chicken farms nearby)!! One of our favorite things to do is to go for walks to see the cows. It gives me a "back in time" feeling to see the old barns, farms, and animals. Here are some pictures of some of my favorite sights on the "cow road".

I LOVE this house. It's tiny, but immaculate. (Notice the red geraniums on the porch). And there is usually a darling old man wearing overalls sitting in one of the rocking chairs.

Red is my favorite color, so of course I am drawn to red barns, and I love how the hay looks packed neatly inside.

Isnt' this the best tree! In the fall my girls love to pick up the acorns that have fallen and bring them home to "decorate".

This barn reminds me of my Grandparents old barn that I played in growing up. And I don't know if you can see, but there is a rusty old tractor sitting underneath. Love it!

Are you jealous yet? The white dots in the distance are big hay bales.

There are some very old, interesting markers in this cemetary. I like to wonder what their lives were like.

The road ends at this Baptist church. In the "Bible belt" there are churches about every mile, and this one is very typical.

5 comments:

Audra said...

I love this entry! Such a good idea to capture the feel of your neighborhood because it really is wonderful country livin! I am so glad I am moving there.

MiandMiksmom said...

Why have I not stopped to notice all this beauty right around us? I get caught up in the green and the trees and the "mountains" and I have never noticed the beauty of the barns and farms...I will now!

Anonymous said...

i like Jessi.

Abbi said...

Oh, how I love that road! :) Thanks for posting pictures to remind me of the beauty of Georgia!! :)

Anonymous said...

Walking down this country road is one of my favorite pastimes when I visit Georgia! These photos take me down the memory lane of walking down this country road with grandkids. Great recent memories!